Premier League clubs racked up £1.34 billion worth of transfer spend by the time the summer window slammed shut on August 31.
That exuberant kind of spending is indicative of the scale in which the English Premier League sits on, with millions of fans cheering on their side from all corners of the globe.
While it’s hard to have missed news of Romelu Lukaku’s transfer from Everton to Manchester United or Alvaro Morata’s switch from Real Madrid to Chelsea, what were some of the deals that might have slipped under the radar on the final day of business?
Catch up with the latest Premier League summer transfers in this comprehensive list of deadline day action in England.
- Liverpool sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal on a five-year contract.
- Watford added to their goalkeeping ranks with the signing of Greece and Udinese keeper Orestis Karnezis, who joins on a season-long loan.
- Swansea officially completed a deal for highly rated Portugal and Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches, who will spend the season on loan.
- Burnley added Huddersfield Town striker Nakhi Wells on a three-year deal.
- Liverpool loaned Belgian striker Divock Origi to Wolfsburg for the season, as the striker had apparently fallen behind Dominic Solanke in the pecking order at Anfield.
- Watford made their 10th signing under new boss Marco Silva when they acquired Marvin Zeegelaar from Sporting Lisbon on a four-year contract.
- After just one year at the Emirates, Lucas Perez has taken off for former club Deportivo de La Coruna, though only on a season-long loan.
- Brighton & Hove Albion signed Argentinian utility Ezequiel Schelotto from Sporting Lisbon.
- Leicester City midfielder Nampalys Mendy re-joined OGC Nice on a season-long loan just one year after joining The Foxes.
- 19-year-old forward Nikola Vlasic signed for Everton from Hadjuk Split, having just faced The Toffees in the UEFA Europa League.
- Arsenal loaned Joel Campbell out for the sixth occasion, this time with La Liga outfit Real Betis.
- Brighton & Hove Albion added experienced goalkeeper Tim Krul on a season-long loan from Newcastle United.
- Leicester City signed Austria defender Aleksandar Dragovic from Bayer Leverkusen.
- Tottenham made a surprise move for Swansea City striker Fernando Llorente, fending off interest from Chelsea.
- Swansea City are prompt in their search for a replacement, bringing Wilfried Bony back to the club after unsuccessful spells with Manchester City and Stoke City.
- Chelsea complete the signing of Italian defender Davide Zappacosta from Torino.
- Chelsea double-up with a move for Premier League winner Danny Drinkwater, who joins from Leicester City on a five-year contract.
- Mamadou Sakho finally got his move away from Liverpool, signing permanently for Crystal Palace, the side where he spent the second half of last season on loan.